My Pact with the People of Osun Central Senatorial District
My Dear good people of Osun Central,
- I am Dr. Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru, I am from Odofin Compound in Osogbo.
- I had my primary and secondary education in Salvation Army Primary School and Laro Grammar School, Osogbo respectively.
- I obtained LL.B (Hons), LL.M and Ph.D. in law from the University of Lagos.
- I practiced law extensively after my legal education in the Nigerian Law School and I was part of the legal team that represented Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola in the titanic legal battle that eventually saw the retrieval of the mandate of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.
- I am a legal practitioner, legal scholar and public administrator. I served as Hon. Commissioner for Regional Integration and Special Duties in the first -term of Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola and was re-appointed as Hon. Attorney-General and Commissioner of Justice in the second-term.
- I am humbly seeking your mandate as I believe that my academic qualifications and experience in both private and public sector as well as active political participation has put me in a good stead to seek your mandate to represent you as a member of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- As a senator, the primary responsibilities are:
- Oversight functions of the executive arm
- Approval of key appointees of the Government of Nigeria as may be stipulated by the Nigerian Constitution and other enabling laws.
- I sincerely pray that you understand the scope of my constitutional mandate as a Senator. Nevertheless, I am irrevocably committed to the achievement of the following if you graciously elect me as your Senator to represent Osun Central Senatorial District:
- Facilitation of execution of laudable and impactful projects in all spheres of life in Osun Central Senatorial District.
- An all – inclusive qualitative representation at the Nigerian Senate.
- Easily accessible Senatorial office/secretariat.
- Sponsoring of beneficial bills.
- Sponsoring of Bill to establish a Federal medical Centre in Osun Central Senatorial District.
- Establishment of Skills/Vocational training centers across Osun Central Senatorial District.
- Annual Employability/Career Training/Job Fair for Graduates in the Senatorial district to ensure that our Graduates are not just qualified but also employable.
- Facilitation of a Tech/ICT Hub for youths in the district.
- Annual Medical check/Health Awareness programmes
- Facilitation of projects and infrastructure to the district.
- Senator Ajibola Basiru Food Bank for Osun Senatorial district
- Quarterly Town Hall Meetings with constituents.
- Senator Ajibola Basiru’s water project for rural areas.
- Support the political developments in Osun Central Senatorial District and the State of Osun at large.
- I believe that your support will greatly assist in uplifting our lives collectively in Osun Central Senatorial District.
- I Thank you.
Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru Ph.D., BL (Notary Public)